[News] Linux Phones from Acer Are Possibly Coming

Acer ponders Android smartphone

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer has followed in the footsteps of arch rival Asus with talk of possible
| plans to launch an Android-based smartphone.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/04/30/acer_android_smartphone/

Recent:

Acer Ubuntu nettop to get quiet storage switch

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer's Nvidia Ion-based micro desktop PC, Revo, will go on sale in the UK on
| 5 May, with Ubuntu Linux among the available operating systems.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/04/24/acer_revo_storage_switch/

Thin Acer Aspire One netbook suggests SSD, Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Before Acer moved to 10-inch netbooks from 8.9-inch versions, it used such a
| slot to bolster the limited storage capacity for its SSD-equipped Aspire
| Ones.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/02/24/new.acer.aspire.one.images/

One month of living with an Acer Aspire One and Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://meanderingpassage.com/2009/02/05/one-month-of-living-with-an-acer-aspire-one-and-fedora-10/

Acer Aspire One and Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| This particular Netbook has been on the market a while and
| a number of people have shared their experiences with
| changing the operating system. My first thought was to
| install the latest version of Ubuntu Linux but research
| seemed to indicate that Fedora 10 was perhaps a little more
| compatible with the Aspire One hardware and would require
| less command line tinkering.
|
| I’m sure the situation of Linux release compatibility is
| constantly changing so my choice may not match your own
| decision.
|
| Not being sure how successful this Linux transformation
| would be, I decided to leave Windows XP on the Aspire One
| and have it dual-boot Linux and Windows. What follows are
| the basic steps for accomplishing this from the 10,000 foot
| level. You can find much more detail and knowledge here,
| here and here.
`----

http://meanderingpassage.com/2009/01/01/acer-aspire-one-and-fedora-10/

Review: Acer Aspire One

,----[ Quote ]
| So overall, I like the Aspire One. It's much better than the similarly priced
| Asus Eee PC 701, but I will be installing Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex on it this
| weekend already.
|
| Rating: 8/10
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/20465/Review_Acer_Aspire_One

The Acer Aspire One Netbook Review

,----[ Quote ]
| We'll be taking a look at the Acer's Aspire One, which makes its debut into
| the rough and ever-evolving world of the netbook market. Featuring an
| 8.9-inch screen packed into a compact frame, this version of the Aspire One
| that we're reviewing uses Linux and has only 8GB of storage space, similar to
| the earlier ASUS Eee PC models. Size wise, this unit is slightly bigger than
| the Eee PC 901, but still smaller than the MSI Wind NB U100.
`----

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=14&id=2619

Acer Aspire One: the new sub-laptop to beat?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/07/16/eb_acer_aspire_one/

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579