[News] In Times of Deep Recession, Free Software Startup Gets Millions in Funding

  • Subject: [News] In Times of Deep Recession, Free Software Startup Gets Millions in Funding
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:34:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Eucalyptus Systems raises $5.5M for a hybrid approach to cloud computing

,----[ Quote ]
| Eucalyptus Systems, which supports an open source platform for companies that
| want the benefits of cloud computing on their own infrastructure, has raised
| $5.5 million in a first round of funding led by Benchmark Capital.
`----

http://venturebeat.com/2009/04/29/eucalyptus-systems-raises-55m-to-bring-a-hybrid-approach-to-cloud-computing/

Recent:

RightScale Teams With Eucalyptus for Cloud Solutions

,----[ Quote ]
| Back in June, we broke the news about Eucalyptus, an open-source (under a
| FreeBSD-style license) infrastructure for cloud computing on clusters that
| duplicates the functionality of Amazon's EC2, using the Amazon command-line
| tools directly. Now RightScale, a leader in cloud computing management and
| support, has announced a partnership with the Eucalyptus team at U.C. Santa
| Barbara to foster cloud computing research, experimentation and adoption.
`----

http://ostatic.com/176399-blog/rightscale-teams-with-eucalyptus-for-cloud-solutions

Build a DIY Cloud with Euclayptus, Nimbus and Amazon EC2

,----[ Quote ]
| Eucalyptus runs on Linux systems, and RPMs are available for the RPM-based
| systems. The source is also available for building on unsupported Linux
| systems, but even more exciting is that you can deploy Eucalyptus on a Rocks
| cluster. With Rocks, Eucalyptus is deployed with basically one command.
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/_featured/article.php/3817211/Build-a-DIY-Cloud-with-Euclayptus-Nimbus-and-Amazon-EC2.htm

Open Source Cloud Computing: RightScale Joins Forces with Eucalyptus

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://virtualization.sys-con.com/node/734588/print