Re: [News] Apple Accused of "Piracy"

Preston wrote:

> On 2009-04-27 15:56:41 -0600, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>> Apple found guilty of willful patent infringement
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/925/1051925/apple-guilty-
wilful-patent-infringement

> Honestly,
>>
> this has to be the shabbiest journalism I've ever read.  With regards
> to the judgement, there was prior art, aside from the obviousness of
> the technology.  A dumb verdict overall that rewards a company which
> does nothing else but patent litigation.

Wrong on several counts.

Opti is everything but a "company which does nothing else but patent
litigation". They are the guys who developed the famous opti-chipset which
were present in most 486-class computers.
They developed the snooping to speed up PCI-bus transfer speeds.
They developed the LPC (low pin count) interface which is for example used
to connect TPM modules (which apple uses, btw).

So, before you out yourself as clueless apple fanboi, just take a closer
look instead of the typical "apple can't do no wrong" idiocy
--
You're not my type.  For that matter, you're not even my species