[News] A Load of New Multimedia Applications for GNU/Linux

Cover Art & Lyrics Widget for your desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Display album art (and lyrics!) for your playing tracks right on your
| desktop!
`----

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/04/cover-art-lyrics-widget-for-your.html

Beautiful!

new boxee version for Ubuntu, update for Mac and Apple TV

,----[ Quote ]
| with every new version Ubuntu is inching closer to mainstream appeal, which
| is why we chose it as boxee’s Linux distro. we are very happy to release a
| new version of boxee for Ubuntu, including support for Jaunty Jackalope
(9.04).
`----

http://blog.boxee.tv/2009/04/25/new-boxee-version-for-ubuntu-update-for-mac-and-apple-tv/

ioquake3 Goes Gold WIth Ogg Decoding, x86_64

,----[ Quote ]
| Back in February we talked about a new ioquake3 engine was forthcoming that
| would deliver a number of enhancements, but this week that new version (1.36)
| has finally gone gold.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzIyNQ

Several powerful console music players for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| These players are among the top audio players for console available on Linux.
| You can run them in a shell instance without the need of an X Server, and
| although several use only a command-line interface (like ogg123 of mpg123),
| several come with a nice, ncurses-based interface which makes music
| management easier and pleasant.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/04/several-powerful-console-music-players.html

Recent:

Basic Video Editor For Ubuntu Called KDENLive

,----[ Quote ]
| KDENLIVE is SIMULAR to a Linear editor like Microsoft Windows Movie Maker,
| but with a few more flexible options in rendering. Very easy to use, no
| special tweeks.. all around good decent editor.
`----

http://geeks.pirillo.com/video/basic-video-editor-for-ubuntu

Music playing time with Listen

,----[ Quote ]
| If you love music then you’re probably looking for the music player of your
| choice. You could choose among several types of music players out there. In
| my case, as long as it doesn’t hang, as long as it shows me all the important
| information I need as well as store playlists well, then everything’s
| alright.
`----

http://www.everyjoe.com/newlinuxuser/music-playing-time-with-listen/

Video Editing in Linux: Kino v Open Movie v KdenLive

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://desktoplinux.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/video-editing-in-linux-kino-v-open-movie-v-kdenlive/