Re: [News] GNU/Linux Makes Windows XP Seem Like a Nightmare

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Rant: Microsoft Windows Out of Box Experience Sucks
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | OK, rant mode on. This morning I spent over three hours running Windows
> | Update on the cool Viliv S5 UMPC I am evaluating. Yes, I realize it runs
> | the older Windows XP operating system, but even so Microsoft must make
> | the out of box experience (OOBE) better than this. I have recently
> | experienced this process with Vista too, and it?s no better than XP.
> | It?s time that Microsoft fix this absolutely unbearable process.
> |
> | The entire Windows Update process resulted in 5 reboots and took almost
> | 3.5 hours. That is ridiculous in and of itself, but watching it closely
> | (something you have to do as it requires user input at inopportune
> | moments) really got me steamed, as I realized that Microsoft could
> | easily fix this stupid process.
> `----

http://jkontherun.com/2009/04/19/microsoft-windows-out-of-box-experience-sucks/

LOL, how STUPID is that ?

Recently dr flatfish stated that MythTV is too complex and time consuming to
bother with, yet I can install a whole MythTV box from scratch in about 1/2
an hour.

Here, a 'simple' Windows update takes 5 reboots and took almost
3.5 hours, thats 7 times longer than installing MythTV.

Why am I not surprised ?

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008