Re: [News] Interview with Torvalds About Linux

  this bit o' wisdom:

> Linus on Linux: The Linus Torvalds Interview Part 1
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| And by the way, I would like to point out that we do try to do better on ?our
>| side? of the equation too. The whole ?stable? vs ?development? kernels (2.4.x
>| vs 2.5.x) was our fault, and I?ll happily admit that we really made it much
>| harder than it should be for people who weren?t core kernel developers to get
>| stuck on an irrelevant development branch.
> `----
>
> http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7313/1.html

The discussion of SSD's is very interesting!

Also this aside:

   And that one has been x86-based for the last few years (basically since
   I decided that there was no long-term desktop survival for PowerPC -
   when Apple switched away it became clear that the only thing that
   could possibly challenge x86 on the all-important desktop was ARM).

   . . .

   I'm going to be very interested to see if I'll grow an ARM
   machine this year or the next, but it will require it to be a good
   netbook platform, and while the potential is there, it's never quite
   happened yet.

--
Q:	How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
A:	Two, one to hold the giraffe, and the other to fill the bathtub