Re: [News] Interview with Torvalds About Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Linus on Linux: The Linus Torvalds Interview Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| And by the way, I would like to point out that we do try to do better on “our | side” of the equation too. The whole “stable” vs “development” kernels (2.4.x | vs 2.5.x) was our fault, and I’ll happily admit that we really made it much | harder than it should be for people who weren’t core kernel developers to get | stuck on an irrelevant development branch. `----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7313/1.html

same link:
(((((
LT: Yes. To me, Linux on the desktop has always been the most interesting goal. The primary reason for that is simply that it’s always been what I want (I’ve never wanted a server OS—I started out writing Linux for my own PC, not to be some file server), but also because all the interesting problems always end up being about desktop uses.
)))))