[News] GNU/Linux Still Widespread on Sub-notebooks

Inside the Aspire One

,----[ Quote ]
| A few months ago, Linux Format printed a pocket-sized mini-book
| called "Inside the Aspire One" that aimed to introduce Linux to first-time
| users through Acer's popular netbook.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/aspireone

Easy Peasy V1.1 A Quick First Look

,----[ Quote ]
| While this wasn't a complete review of Easy Peasy, and despite its silly
| name, I'm enjoying exploring this netbook distro.
`----

http://www.cookingwithlinux.com/content/easy-peasy-v11-quick-first-look

MSI Wind vs ASUS Eee PC vs MacBook Air vs Acer Aspire 4710

,----[ Quote ]
| The MSI Wind offers great portability, has a usable keyboard, enough ports
| for connecting to other devices and can have multiple operating systems
| installed, including Ubuntu Linux, making it the best option for the Fonera
| 2.0 bundle.
`----

http://www.linux-netbook.com/video/msi-wind-vs-asus-eee-pc-vs-macbook-air-vs-acer-aspire-4710

Recent:

Google Android to dominate netbooks--Ovum

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's Android operating system is expected to become the dominant platform
| for low-cost netbooks, industry analyst firm Ovum said.
`----

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/infotech/view/20090318-194805/Google-Android-to-dominate-netbooks--Ovum

Android-powered netbooks predicted for 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Android-powered netbooks will emerge in 2009, analysts are predicting.
|
| According to market watchers Ovum, Google's mobile OS could become the
| platform of choice for lower-end mini laptops, rather than full-fat flavors
| of Linux traditionally associated with the desktop, such as Ubuntu.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-279922.html

Google’s Android May Challenge Microsoft in Portables

,----[ Quote ]
| Google started Android in 2007 as part of an industry effort to create a free
| software system for phones. Based on the Linux operating system, Android is
| open to any programmer who wants to develop features for it. T-Mobile USA
| Inc., the fourth- biggest wireless carrier in the U.S., offers an Android
| phone called the G1.
`----

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=azdqc9vK2gfg&refer=us

Comment: Android beyond the phone

,----[ Quote ]
| Look out, Microsoft, I'm seeing signs that Google's Android could wind up in
| netbooks, digital picture frames and a host of embedded devices as a
| friendly, app-rich face for Linux.
|
| In this recession-battered economy, designers will turn to open source code
| whenever they can. After all, Windows is often one of the most expensive
| components in a system, prompting some to dub it the Redmond tax.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=214700013

The Android Developer Experience

,----[ Quote ]