[News] OBAMAA and Biden Keep Turning the Cabinet to MAFIAA Puppet Regime

Copyright debate heats up over Obama appointments

,----[ Quote ]
| The president has, in fact, filled out some high-level Justice Department
| positions with lawyers favored by the copyright industry, including attorneys
| who have represented the Recording Industry Association of America and the
| Business Software Alliance. The signatories of the April 2 letter said the
| Justice Department's intervention last month in favor of a record label in a
| file-sharing case heightens their concern.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10223549-38.html

Biden promises 'right person' as new U.S. copyright czar

,----[ Quote ]
| "It's pure theft, stolen from the artists and quite frankly from the American
| people as consequence of loss of jobs and as a consequence of loss of
| income," Biden said, according to a White House pool report.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10224689-38.html

MPAA reaches out to lawmakers

,----[ Quote ]
| The occasion: the second biennial summit sponsored by the industry's chief
| lobbying arm, the Motion Picture Assn. of America.
`----

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118002688.html?categoryId=18&cs=1

Recent:

I got you, babe

,----[ Quote ]
| Obama is whistling the music industry's tune
`----

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/15/i-got-you-babe-obama-is-whistling-the-music-indust/

Obama Taps 5th RIAA Lawyer to Justice Dept.

,----[ Quote ]
| President Barack Obama is tapping another RIAA attorney into the Justice
| Department.
|
| Monday's naming of Ian Gershengorn, to become the department's deputy
| assistant attorney of the Civil Division, comes more than a week after nearly
| two-dozen public interest groups, trade pacts and library coalitions urged
| the new president to quit filling his administration with lawyers plucked
| from the Recording Industry Association of America.
|
| The move makes it five RIAA lawyers Obama has appointed to the Justice
| Department.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/04/obama-taps-fift.html

Obama administration sides with RIAA in P2P suit

,----[ Quote ]
| The Obama administration has sided with the recording industry in a copyright
| lawsuit against an alleged peer-to-peer pirate, a move that echoes arguments
| previously made by the Bush administration.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10201831-38.html

Obama Sides With RIAA, Supports $150,000 Fine per Music Track

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/03/obama-sides-wit.html

U.S. Sides with RIAA in Filesharing Case

http://legalblogwatch.typepad.com/legal_blog_watch/2009/03/us-sides-with-riaa-in-filesharing-case.html

Obama Administration Claims Copyright Treaty Involves State Secrets?!?

,----[ Quote ]
| When the Obama administration took over, there was a public stance that this
| administration was going to be more transparent -- especially with regards to
| things like Freedom of Information Act requests. The nonprofit group
| Knowledge Ecology International took that to heart and filed an FOIA request
| to get more info on ACTA. The US Trade Representative's Office responded
| denying the request, saying that the information was "classified in the
| interest of national security pursuant to Executive Order 12958." This is a
| treaty about changing copyright law, not sending missiles somewhere. To claim
| that it's a national security matter is just downright scary. As KEI points
| out, the text of the documents requested have been available to tons of
| people, including more than 30 governments around the world and lobbyists
| from the entertainment industry, pharma industry and publishing industry.

Obama names Doerr, Phillips to economic board

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10158505-38.html