[News] Business as Usual and Optimism at MySQL After Oracle Takeover

Innobase release free Embedded InnoDB

,----[ Quote ]
| This includes an ISAM like API, cursor and transaction management and
| query-able indexes. Embedded InnoDB is licensed under the GNU General Public
| Licence Version 2.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Innobase-release-free-Embedded-InnoDB--/news/113121

MySQL Conference Kicks Off, New Versions Announced

,----[ Quote ]
| This week in Silicon Valley, the MySQL Conference and Expo is underway, and
| there are already questions appearing about whether the speakers will have to
| perform last minute tweaks to their addresses in light of yesterday's news
| that Oracle is acquiring MySQL's parent, Sun Microsystems.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/mysql-conference-kicks-off-new-versions-announced

MySQL 5.4 Released as Oracle Looms Large

,----[ Quote ]
| New MySQL chief calls for more transparency with the community and is
| optimistic about opportunities within Oracle.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3816611/MySQL+54+Released+as+Oracle+Looms+Large.htm

Oracle wins 'Acquirer of the Year' award at MySQL Conference

,----[ Quote ]
| MySQL isn't the perfect solution for all database problems -- and neither is
| Oracle.  The reality is that MySQL and Oracle coexist in many organizations.
| A study done by the IOUG (International Oracle User Group) highlighted this
| fact when its study (PDF) showed that a third of Oracle shops had MySQL in
| production, side-by-side with their Oracle databases. And one great benefit
| of Oracle acquiring Sun is that the InnoDB and MySQL teams will be together
| in one organization for the first time ever.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/oracle-wins-acquirer-year-award-mysql-conference-422

Recent:

Shuttleworth: Oracle's Sun buy validates open source

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/04/shuttleworth-oracles-sun-buy-v.html