Re: [News] Ballmer and His Thugs Throw Addictionware at Russian Schools to Fight Linux

  this bit o' wisdom:

> Microsoft pledges $300M to Russia
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer said the software giant would
>| invest $300 million in Russia projects over the next three years.
>|
>| Ballmer praised the Russian government's handling of the economy, the Moscow
>| Times reported Tuesday.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| Microsoft intends to expand the Dream Spark program that provides software to
>| Russian university students.
> `----
>
> http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2009/04/21/Microsoft-pledges-300M-to-Russia/UPI-80031240341201/

The picture there is interesting.  Reminds me of a vignette in
Solzhenitsyn's "Gulag Archipelago", where all the Party regulars in a big
meeting are applauding the Soviet president (IIRC), and everyone is afraid
to be the first to be seen stopping the applause.

--
You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears.