Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Falling Further and Further Behind on the Web

After takin' a swig o' grog, Philip belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

>> | buy Photoshop and it breaks, you can call someone and they will help you fix
>> | the problem. That support is part of what you are paying for. However, you
>> | will find many open source products to be high quality and ready for your
>> | use.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.newschief.com/article/20090419/NEWS/904195021/1053?Title=Internet-Explorer-8-might-not-be-best-choice
>
> LOL
>
> if Gimp breaks, you have to rely on a world-wide 24-7 user groups to
> help you fix it within a few hours.
>
> If you buy Photoshop and it breaks, you can call someone in India and
> they will not be able to reproduce your problem. You then spend hours
> googling for help and find it in the world-wide 24-7 Photoshop user groups.
>
> That support is part of what you are wasting your money on. Don't forget
> the fix you need is always in the next upgrade that you have to buy.
>
> Everyone knows the unhelpfuldesk is the last resort of the desperate.

Plus, I've never had the GIMP "break", ever.

Although the early versions on Windows were a bit shaky.  But then, just
about all software running on the platform is shaky.  In my opinion.

--
You will be honored for contributing your time and skill to a worthy cause.