[News] Data Warehousing Takes Open Source Route, Hosting Company Also

Infobright: We're the MySQL of open source data warehousing

,----[ Quote ]
| Infobright's quest began in September o2008 when the company open-sourced its
| commercial column-oriented data warehouse. At the time it had eight customers
| but today has more than 50, including Royal Bank of Canada and Xerox, Davis
| added. Those customers reside largely in the telecom, mid-tier financial
| services, and marketing firm spaces. "We're really going into the area where
| MySQL is," Davis explained.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-management/infobright-were-mysql-open-source-data-warehousing-960

Network Solutions Expands Open Source Application Offerings

,----[ Quote ]
| Network Solutions has expanded its Open Source Application offerings, it was
| announced recently. The company has broadened its range of open source hosted
| application offerings through the Application Packaging Standard (APS), which
| was developed to enable companies to make applications available in the
| software-as-a-service model quickly and simply. Network Solutions is a
| leading global hosting provider that manages more than 7 million domains,
| over 1.5 million e-mailboxes, and more than 350,000 websites. The APS
| applications have been added to the Network Solutions Open Source Library to
| enable web hosting customers to create new revenue streams by offering
| value-added services and better engage and interact with their own customers.
| The newly added services include blogging software WordPress, content
| management service Joomla! and photo organizer Gallery2.
`----

http://www.hostsearch.com/news/network_solutions_news_8554.asp

Recent:

Disruptor: The Rise of the Open Source Data Warehouse

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the arrival of data warehouses on the enterprise scene more than a
| decade ago, these platforms have held out the tantalizing promise of
| concentrating critical data into easy-to-find, centralized locations,
| enabling business people at all levels to make their decisions based on
| concrete, analytical facts, versus intuitive and uninformed decision making.
`----

http://www.b-eye-network.com/view/9051http://start.stage.mandriva.com/en/

Test Center review: Open source data aces

,----[ Quote ]
| Enter Jitterbit and Talend, two fresh starts in a land of stodgy giants.
| Talend hits all the highlights one would look for in traditional integration
| platforms: batch delivery, transforms, ETL (extract, transform, and load),
| data governance, and a strong set of connectivity adapters. At the same time
| it keeps pace with important trends with such features as change data
| capture, metadata support, federated views, and SOA-based access to data
| services. Talend is capable of scaling from small departmental file
| migrations to large-scale enterprise warehousing projects.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/12/02/49TC-jitterbit-talend_1.html

Related:

Infobright releases open-source data warehouse

,----[ Quote ]
| Analytic data warehousing vendor Infobright is releasing an open-source data
| warehousing product under the GPL v2 license, and has gained Sun Microsystems
| as an investor through a US$10 million round of venture funding, the startup
| announced Monday.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/091508-infobright-releases-open-source-data.html

SGI Pushes Into Data Warehousing with Linux Supers and Oracle

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itjungle.com/tlb/tlb061708-story07.html