[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Dying -- Disaster Predicted for Next Week

Microsoft expected to post sharp drop in profit

,----[ Quote ]
| Redmond, Wash.-based Microsoft's  quarterly results are generally expected to
| have been undercut by growing demand for cheaper computers with relatively
| low-cost software.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Microsoft-expected-post-sharp-drop/story.aspx?guid={4338C01E-2C8E-4B26-A6A5-7FF2C3A8D439}

Microsoft shares dip after analyst cuts forecast

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft shares stumbled Friday after a Thomas Weisel analyst cast some
| doubt on Wall Street's earnings and sales forecast for the company's fiscal
| third quarter.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D97KDHPG0.htm

Microsoft Expected To Post Sharp Drop In 3Q Profit Thu

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20090417-714101.html

Recent:

Important Notice: MSN Encarta to be Discontinued

,----[ Quote ]
| On October 31, 2009, MSN® Encarta® Web sites worldwide will be discontinued,
| with the exception of Encarta Japan, which will be discontinued on December
| 31, 2009. Additionally, Microsoft will cease to sell Microsoft Student and
| Encarta Premium software products worldwide by June 2009. We understand that
| Encarta users may have questions regarding this announcement so we have
| prepared this list of questions and answers below. Please keep reading if you
| would like more information about these changes to Encarta.
`----

http://encarta.msn.com/guide_page_FAQ/FAQ.html

Related:

P. Graham: Microsoft is Dead