[News] Android Linux Spreads to More Areas, Lifts Google's Results

Android set-tops, TVs, VoIP phones are coming

,----[ Quote ]
| It's official: The Google-designed Android platform is reaching out beyond
| the cellphone.
|
| Android set-tops, TVs, VoIP phones, Karaoke boxes and digital photo frames
| are coming soon to a retailer near you.
|
| The world of Android is rapidly unfolding in Asia. Software developers, chip
| suppliers and system companies are all racing toward the same goal: enabling
| the development of lean and mean, efficient consumer products built on Linux,
| open source and free software.
`----

http://www.eetimes.eu/consumer/216500223

Confirmation: Motorola Will Deliver an Android-Based Set-Top Box

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently, we've covered several new opportunities, including non-phone
| platforms such as netbooks, e-ink devices, and set-top boxes, for Google's
| open source Android operating system. Today, GigaOm and Information Week are
| discussing confirmation of what is likely to be the first fully-realized,
| non-phone hardware implementation of Android: a set-top box from Motorola
| called "au Box."
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/confirmation-motorola-will-deliver-an-android-based-set-top-box

Google CEO Eric Schmidt: Android Poised to Have Strong 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Google executives used the company’s April 16 earnings call as a chance to
| talk about the expansion of Google Android, their open-source operating
| system for mobile devices, onto mini-notebooks, known popularly
| as "netbooks."
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Search-Engines/Google-CEO-Eric-Schmidt-Android-Poised-to-Have-Strong-Year-in-2009-294396/

Recent:

Developers ignore Symbian's derision of Android

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10172760-16.html