[News] New Portable Media Player Runs Linux (Android)

Android-based PMP to ship in October

,----[ Quote ]
| GiiNii will ship its Android-based portable media player (PMP) and digital
| picture frame (DPF) in October and January, respectively, according to a
| spokesperson. The Movit Mini portable and larger Movit Maxx DPF include
| touchscreens, WiFi, a webcam, and optional Bluetooth, says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3193160405.html?kc=rss

Related:

2008's top three PMPs

,----[ Quote ]
| It's taken a long time for anyone to successfully combine a good video player
| and a good internet tablet, but Archos has cracked it. Solid as a rock, and
| with superb video playback and a decent web browser - Opera - all plonked on
| top of a stable Linux OS with a faultless GUI. Better than the iPod Touch? We
| think so by dint of its larger and higher resolution screen and much higher
| storage capacity. If a 5in screen is too small, go for the 5's big brother,
| the 7.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/12/16/koy_pmps/

Archos 605 WiFi Linux hack

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally, I think the Archos 605 WiFi is a cool enough gadget on its own,
| but there's always something to be said for hacking a gadget just to explore
| the possibilities.
`----

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9848934-1.html

The Linux-based Archos 604

,----[ Quote ]
| Geeks.com sent us in one of their consumer electronics, the Linux-based
| Archos 604 PMP for a whirl, and we surely gave it one. This 30 GB PMP is the
| fourth generation video product from Archos, one of the biggest names in that
| market.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/18948/The-Linux-based-Archos-604/

Archos über wireless movie player rides in

,----[ Quote ]
| French media-player maker Archos has begun selling what it claims is
| the only handheld video player with a 7in display and wireless
| connectivity, all for just $550 (£286/420 Euro).
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/03/07/archos_unveils_704_wifi/

Archos 705 "Mobile DVR" with WiFi unveiled, thanks FCC

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/07/archos-705-mobile-dvr-with-wifi-unveiled-thanks-fcc/
http://tinyurl.com/369w4z