[News] Call for Rejection of Non-Free Software in Linux; Linux Foundation Uses Drupal

  • Subject: [News] Call for Rejection of Non-Free Software in Linux; Linux Foundation Uses Drupal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:48:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux: Drivers Should NOT be Closed Source

,----[ Quote ]
| In one of my previous blog entries about a Dell Support issue some of the
| comments suggested that the reason we were in this mess was because of the
| inflexible nature of the Linux kernel, the start of which was this blog entry
| about how evil the GPL is when it comes to making closed source drivers and
| why this is stopping hardware manufacturers from contributing to the kernel.
`----

http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/04/17/linux-drivers-modules-and-closed-source/

Linux Foundation using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| In 1996, Linux kernel development is what first attracted me to Open Source,
| and what led me to contribute to the Linux WLAN project in 1999. Ever since,
| I've worked on or with Open Source projects pretty much full-time.
`----

http://buytaert.net/linux-foundation-using-drupal

Related:

Position Statement on Linux Kernel Modules

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Kernel_Driver_Statement