Re: [News] Military Considers Full Move to GNU/Linux

Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:
7 wrote:
Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Fox in the COLA
Hen House wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of
Marketing:

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

| What remains to be seen is how long the government can hold out against | the benefits of open source. TMC (News - Alert) recently reported that | even the military is now considering a Linux-based operating system as | a money saving option when compared to current costly proprietary OS?s.
`----

The way it was put to me when asked about Open Sore solutions being used
by the USAF, I was told that someone has to be held accountable. The
military  has to hold someone accountable, and no one can be held
accountable if Open Sore solutions are being used.

Which means you have no idea how open source works
and conned your way into the procurement process.

Idiot!

Weeding out fraudsters like you would be top priority for the
tax payer and the military to get right before placing
orders with fraudulent contractors.

Idiot, it came back from the USAF as to what it would allow and not allow on its network and Open Sore is not on the list, when it was asked by the consulting company that works with the USAF if Open Sore could be used in software development as part of the solution. The answer came back NO!

Idiot, you keep your dumb mouth shut over there in England, because you don't know what the hell you are talking about when it comes to the US.

Out of curiosity, does the USAF still use JSTARS on VMS?
I last remember that there was a rather large and extensive contract with Compaq and then with HP
using OpenVMS.

--
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
William G. McAdoo.