Re: [News] List of High-end Multimedia Applications for GNU/Linux

After takin' a swig o' grog, Matt belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Matt belched out
>>   this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> One generality may be: If a cross-platform app has more users on Windows
>>> than it has on Linux, then it will have more users on Linux than any
>>> equivalent Linux-only app.
>>
>> Good luck getting numbers on that.
>
> I'll give it a try if you care to suggest a pair of apps that might
> constitute a counterexample.

Do not you understand that my wishes to you indicate I believe that to be a
difficult task, certainly more than I am willing to undertake?

I'm wondering why you always seem to be pushing the idea that developers
ought to be coding for the dominant platform, or even that developers ought
to be coding in order to garner the largest number of users for their
application.

Especially since Linux developers, unlike Windows developers, already take
more pains upfront to make their applications cross-platform.  Which is a
nice crutch for Windows users.

--
Q:	Know what the difference between your latest project
	and putting wings on an elephant is?