Re: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.04 Now a Release Candidate

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Jaunty Jackalope release candidate unleashed
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Jaunty Jackalope has sprung a step closer, with the release of final
> | pre-production code for Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop and Server, and Ubuntu Netbook
> | Remix edition.
> |
> | The Ubuntu 9.04 release candidate was kicked out Thursday afternoon. The
> | Ubuntu team behind it has reported that the release candidate is "complete,
> | stable, and suitable for testing by any user", but that it does provide the
> | caveat that there are still a few known bugs.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/16/ubuntu_release_candidate/
>
> Ubuntu 9.04 Release Candidate Is Here
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The Release Candidate version of the upcoming Ubuntu 9.04 (codename Jaunty
> | Jackalope) was uploaded a few minutes ago on the official mirrors. As usual,
> | we've downloaded a copy of it in order to keep you up to date with the latest
> | changes in the Ubuntu 9.04 development.
> `----
>
> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-04-Release-Candidate-Is-Here-109551.shtml
>
> The five best, new things in Ubuntu Linux 9.04
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Overall, I'm sold on this new Ubuntu. Good solid features and better
> | performance makes for a winning package. Try it yourself. I think you'll
> | agree.
> `----
>
> http://blogs.computerworld.com/the_five_best_new_things_in_ubuntu_linux_9_04

Upgraded from Ubuntu 8.10 flawlessly :D

I really like the new usplash, login screen and the notification system,
makes Ubuntu look more sharp and professional, oh btw, it included some
new refreshing themes and a new wallpaper...
--
Linux - You must break it | Windows - It breaks itself