Re: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.04 Now a Release Candidate

Doctor Smith wrote:
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:01:32 +0100, Tony Manco wrote:

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Jaunty Jackalope release candidate unleashed

,----[ Quote ]
| Jaunty Jackalope has sprung a step closer, with the release of final
| pre-production code for Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop and Server, and Ubuntu Netbook
| Remix edition.
|
| The Ubuntu 9.04 release candidate was kicked out Thursday afternoon. The
| Ubuntu team behind it has reported that the release candidate is "complete,
| stable, and suitable for testing by any user", but that it does provide the
| caveat that there are still a few known bugs.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/16/ubuntu_release_candidate/

Ubuntu 9.04 Release Candidate Is Here

,----[ Quote ]
| The Release Candidate version of the upcoming Ubuntu 9.04 (codename Jaunty
| Jackalope) was uploaded a few minutes ago on the official mirrors. As usual,
| we've downloaded a copy of it in order to keep you up to date with the latest
| changes in the Ubuntu 9.04 development.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-04-Release-Candidate-Is-Here-109551.shtml

The five best, new things in Ubuntu Linux 9.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, I'm sold on this new Ubuntu. Good solid features and better
| performance makes for a winning package. Try it yourself. I think you'll
| agree.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/the_five_best_new_things_in_ubuntu_linux_9_04
Upgraded from Ubuntu 8.10 flawlessly :D

I really like the new usplash, login screen and the notification system,
makes Ubuntu look more sharp and professional, oh btw, it included some
new refreshing themes and a new wallpaper...

Shazzzzammmmm!!!

New wall paper!

That does it for me!!
I'm sold!!

Have they fixed all the freezing bugs in Ubuntu yet?

FUD just what MS would like us to believe.