[News] FSFE, FSF and Other Groups Like Greenpeace Rally Against Software Patents in Germany

  • Subject: [News] FSFE, FSF and Other Groups Like Greenpeace Rally Against Software Patents in Germany
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:34:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

15. April in München: Aktionstag der Patentkritiker

https://www.ffii.de/wiki/AktionstagMuenchen090415

Richard Stallman talks against software patents (1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcB5Bc-moAM

Richard Stallman talks against software patents (2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE7BQXzDWzA

The smallest unit of freedom: a Fellow

,----[ Quote ]
| Myriam Schweingruber is a devoted Free Software advocate with a flair for
| convincing people. Having worked as a translator, a school teacher and a
| pharmacist, Myriam is quite experienced in the art of communication, and
| gives a clear impression of trustworthiness. She has been especially active
| in the Swiss community, and helped found FSFE’s associate organisation,
| Whilhelm Tux, where she also served as the President. I had a nice chat with
| Myriam and asked her about some of the projects she’s involved in, as well as
| her experiences promoting Free Software in Switzerland.
`----

http://blogs.fsfe.org/fellowship-interviews/fellowship-interview-with-myriam-schweingruber/

Recent:

Final judgment in the case of Unitedprint v. Vistaprint

,----[ Quote ]
| The German Federal Patent Court ruled to rescind Vistaprint’s controversial
| software patent, subject to paragraphs 99(1) PatG [Patent Act] and 709 ZPO
| [Code of Civil Procedure]. The verdict is now official and the judgment in
| question was published by the Court on March 25, 2009.
|
| The spokesperson from unitedprint.com SE, Andrea Fleischer stated: "The
| software sector can now breathe a sigh
| of relief.
`----

http://www.pr-inside.com/final-judgment-in-the-case-of-r1150874.htm

Related:

German television 3sat has a reportage about software patents

,----[ Quote ]
| German television 3sat has a reportage about software patents. A german
| programmer highlights that software patents ruin investment in software
| development.
`----

http://stopsoftwarepatents.org/forum/t-101926/german-television-3sat-has-a-reportage-about-software-patents

Quo Vadis, Patent Laws?

,----[ Quote ]
| Patent law became an issue that is debated not only within small circles, but
| among a broad public. Not only, that software patents could stir one of the
| biggest participation waves in policy decisions on the European level - it is
| probably the first time that plans for patent reforms are debated during
| American presidential primary campaigns. We asked James Babineau, an American
| patent lawyer with Fish & Richardson, that opened an office in Munich a few
| months ago, on the future of the patent systems on both continents.
`----

http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/27/27577/1.html

German government plans to ratify amendments to patent agreement

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/84326/from/rss09