[News] Red Hat Gains New Channel Distributor

Linux gets reseller friendly

,----[ Quote ]
| So I was happy to see that SYNNEX, a leading software and hardware
| distributor, had partnered up with Red Hat and other open-source ISV
| (independent software vendors) to form the Open Source Channel Alliance. It
| may just be what's needed to get Linux and open-source software into more
| offices.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/linux_gets_reseller_friendly

Channelling the Power of Open Source

| But if it's good for Red Hat, it's also good for free software, since the
| latter's use in small- and medium- sized companies is likely to rise.
| Moreover, the tie-up with “SYNNEX” means that open source has just gained a
| marketing army of 15,000 resellers who will go out and sing its virtues to
| their customers. Now that's what I call channeling the power.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2092&blogid=14

Related:

NYSE Euronext banks on Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| If anyone out there persists in believing that Linux isn't ready for serious
| prime time, NYSE Euronext's dependence on Red Hat should finally lay that
| silly notion to rest. As announced, the New York Stock Exchange Euronext
| dumped its proprietary UNIX heritage (AIX, HP UX, Solaris) for the freedom,
| flexibility, and performance of Linux.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9942680-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Linux steps up to power NZ Stock Exchange

,----[ Quote ]
| The New Zealand Stock Exchange is moving to a Linux platform for its
| settlement and clearing system, replacing its existing HP NonStop platform
| and applications in order to reduce cost and increase flexibility.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/F586239BCCA7593FCC2573F00001488E

HP Linux servers bolster NYSE trading app

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1285921,00.html