[News] The MAFIAA Breaks the Law But Does Not Get Arrested

MPAA's hacking history bites it in the Aris

,----[ Quote ]
| THE MPAA has found that its nasty habit of paying hackers to steal emails
| from TorrentSpy and the Pirate Bay has ended it up in court again.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/745/1051745/mpaa-hacking-history-bites

Recent:

Classified US, Japan and EU ACTA trade agreement drafts, 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| The file presents US, Japan and EU drafts of the controversial international
| copyright and patent trade agreement, ACTA ("Anti-Counterfeiting Trade
| Agreement"). The documents were obtained by Wikileaks staff.
`----

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Classified_US%2C_Japan_and_EU_ACTA_trade_agreement_drafts%2C_2009

China and ACTA: Why Is The Problem Not Made Part Of The Solution?

,----[ Quote ]
| Section 2. Border Measures:
| Under discussion is whether border measures should apply not only to
| importations (as TRIPs prescribes) but also to export and transit of goods;
| Another possible point of contention is whether travelers can import
| counterfeit or pirated goods for their personal use (de minimis exception);
| It is no surprise that ACTA tries to solve some of the points, which
| especially has frustrated the US (which among other reasons brought a claim
| against China at the WTO: DS 362): measures to ensure that infringing goods
| are not released into free circulation and the destruction of goods that have
| been determined to infringe intellectual property rights.
`----

http://ipdragon.blogspot.com/2009/04/china-and-acta-why-is-problem-not.html

Canada's ACTA Briefing, Part One: ACTA Is A Response to WIPO Gridlock

,----[ Quote ]
| The Canadian government provided its first major briefing on the
| Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement this morning.  There were attendees from
| all sides of the issue as well as an (unlisted) representative from the U.S.
| Embassy.  The meeting started with a bang as Don Stephenson, an Assistant
| Deputy Minister at DFAIT, noted the two sources of ACTA.
`----

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/3830/125/

Call the Obama administration and ask for your copy of ACTA now!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Obama administration wants to be called about the status of negotiations
| of ACTA. Call the Obama administration and ask for your copy of ACTA now!
`----

http://www.digitalmajority.org/forum/t-144960/call-the-obama-administration-and-ask-for-your-copy-of-acta-now

The Latest Act in the ACTA Farce

,----[ Quote ]