[News] OBAMAA Puts More of the MAFIAA in Charge of the US

Obama Taps 5th RIAA Lawyer to Justice Dept.

,----[ Quote ]
| President Barack Obama is tapping another RIAA attorney into the Justice
| Department.
|
| Monday's naming of Ian Gershengorn, to become the department's deputy
| assistant attorney of the Civil Division, comes more than a week after nearly
| two-dozen public interest groups, trade pacts and library coalitions urged
| the new president to quit filling his administration with lawyers plucked
| from the Recording Industry Association of America.
|
| The move makes it five RIAA lawyers Obama has appointed to the Justice
| Department.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/04/obama-taps-fift.html

On the other hand:

OneWebDay Founder Tapped By Obama

,----[ Quote ]
| Internet law expert Susan Crawford has joined President Barack Obama's lineup
| of tech policy experts at the White House, according to several sources. She
| will likely hold the title of special assistant to the president for science,
| technology, and innovation policy, they said. Crawford, who was most recently
| a visiting professor at the University of Michigan and at Yale Law School,
| was tapped by Obama's transition team in November to co-chair its FCC review
| process with University of Pennsylvania professor Kevin Werbach.
`----

http://techdailydose.nationaljournal.com/2009/03/onewebday-founder-tapped-by-ob.php

Recent:

Obama administration sides with RIAA in P2P suit

,----[ Quote ]
| The Obama administration has sided with the recording industry in a copyright
| lawsuit against an alleged peer-to-peer pirate, a move that echoes arguments
| previously made by the Bush administration.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10201831-38.html

Obama Sides With RIAA, Supports $150,000 Fine per Music Track

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/03/obama-sides-wit.html

U.S. Sides with RIAA in Filesharing Case

http://legalblogwatch.typepad.com/legal_blog_watch/2009/03/us-sides-with-riaa-in-filesharing-case.html

Obama Administration Claims Copyright Treaty Involves State Secrets?!?

,----[ Quote ]
| When the Obama administration took over, there was a public stance that this
| administration was going to be more transparent -- especially with regards to
| things like Freedom of Information Act requests. The nonprofit group
| Knowledge Ecology International took that to heart and filed an FOIA request
| to get more info on ACTA. The US Trade Representative's Office responded
| denying the request, saying that the information was "classified in the
| interest of national security pursuant to Executive Order 12958." This is a
| treaty about changing copyright law, not sending missiles somewhere. To claim
| that it's a national security matter is just downright scary. As KEI points
| out, the text of the documents requested have been available to tons of
| people, including more than 30 governments around the world and lobbyists
| from the entertainment industry, pharma industry and publishing industry.

Obama names Doerr, Phillips to economic board

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10158505-38.html