Re: A VistaBeta7 review, not 2 days old, and the reviewer HATES it !!!

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:51:20 +1000, Terry Porter wrote:
>
>> Thanks to Roy S for this link in one of his excellent [News] articles.
>
> Hardly excellent.  The guy is an idiot.
>
>> "What struck me is how people are saying it boots faster than Vista, but
>> Vista was already like lugging around a dead elephant. It may have shaved
>> a few seconds off that, but in my testing it has still been twice as slow
>> from power on to login screen as compared to Jaunty. To my knowledge,
>> there is nothing like boot chart for Windows, but my Ubuntu Jaunty
>> clocked in at 24 seconds. I pulled out my cell phone and stop watched
>> Windows 7 coming in at just over 49 seconds. (1 minute 9 seconds after
>> coming up from a BSOD)"
>
> Gee... You mean a beta might have a bug?  Wow.  Hell, it's even a nightly
> build, not an official beta.  I wonder what you'd say if I said Linux was
> a piece of shit based on a nightly build of Ubuntu or Fedora?

A beta being PUSHED as the next, best, improved, faster, more reliable....
blah, blah....

It's still, as has been characterized, a turd.

>> Microsoft can polish and sugar coat the Internet Explorer 8 turd with all
>> the cowbell they want, the fact is that it is simply pathetic. They also
>> excluded SVG image support (Mozilla supported since 2003) and support for
>> HTML 5 multimedia tags (Firefox 3.5 and Opera 10 will both support this)
>> to lure people towards their proprietary Silverlight pile of Flash
>> wanna-be crap plugin.
>
> SVG is not a required standard to implment HTML.  And HTML 5 is not a
> standard either.  Oh, and those "multimedia tags", are actually covered by
> an apple Submarine patent, which apple is refusing to license openly.

So it's Apples fault?

                             From the desk of:
                             Jerome D. McBride

        08:42:18 up 8 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.36, 0.21