Re: [News] Apple Annoys Opera by Poisoning Web Standards

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Apple patent claim threatens to block or delay W3C specification
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Early last month, it became clear that Apple might be causing trouble
> | for the W3C Widgets specification. They are unwilling to make patent
> | 5,764,992 (W3C information), which covers automatic software upates,
> | royalty-free if the Widgets Update specification is found to use
> | anything covered by the patent. This basically means a lot of additional
> | work for the Working Group at the W3C, and might slow down the process
> | of finalizing the widgets specification.
> `----
>
> http://my.opera.com/haavard/blog/2009/04/07/apple-widgets-patent

I thought software patents were dead?
If not, appil is clear demonstration of how a big bad wolf
abuses softare patents to try and control standards bodies
and cause enomic stagnation. Those dammed appil commies!
I'm switchin back to Micoshaft DOS to protest.