Re: Get the Facts... About NPD and Microsoft

Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
>> In article <ntjtd7305hi8.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Erik Funkenbusch
>> <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> At least Reuters has the honesty to withdraw a story, even if it
>>> is only possible the information is incorrect.

The accusation is not against Reuters, Fuddie, it's against NPD.

You do know that, right?

>>> You, on the other hand, have never withdrawn a story.

No, he prints corrections. It would indeed be far less embarrassing for
/him/ if he completely removed his mistakes, and just pretended they
never happened. The fact that he keeps them, but clearly indicates they
were inaccurate, by publishing corrections, updates and addenda, *if*
those statements were in fact wrong, is a far more honest and
transparent way of dealing with the issue than just pretending they
never happened.

And once again, you attack the messenger rather than address the
message. What bearing does Roy's previous corrections have on this
story? Are NPD corrupt, or aren't they? Does Microsoft pay analysts to
lie for them, or don't they?

Talk about running away from issues, you've got it down to a fine art.

I guess that's why they call it the Funkenbusch shuffle.

>>> Ever.  Even when proven wrong.

In your opinion.

The thing is, Fuddie, much of what you and the rest of the shills
determine to be "proof", is just more Microsoft lies and propaganda.

Why should we believe your bullshit any more than NPD's?

>>> After all, you wouldn't want google to contain

... the Microsoft propaganda that you and the rest of the shills peddle?

I mean, that is why you post to COLA, year in, year out, isn't it?

> You guys are feckless.

You misspelled "liars".

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln

 00:55:51 up 157 days,  7:38,  4 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.12, 0.21