Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 11th of April, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 11th of April, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 09:00:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 691 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     300 1163981     0%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        95   86071    59%
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         54   87349    16%
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        33   49766    25%
   5. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                      29   39781    74%
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    25   12765    62%
   7. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            20   24036    44%
   8. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     14   14589    76%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           14   10708    57%
  10. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   12   17057    26%
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      12   16350    75%
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                       12    6651    54%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       12   10078    75%
  14. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            9   14158    74%
  15. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP    6    4714    85%
  16. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           4    2412    50%
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>    4    3940    84%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               4    5545    38%
  19. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>            3    2944    66%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                3    2439    70%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx    3    6757     0%
  22. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                2    1082     0%
      none of your buisiness <none@xxxxxxxx>             2    4537    85%
      unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                               2    1979    61%
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                    2    1278    22%
      Philip <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                           2    1235    27%
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                          2    1694    74%
  28. linuxmalaysia <linuxmalaysia@xxxxxxxxx>            1    2676     0%
      Thufir Hawat <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>              1     193    45%
      Bob Tennent <BobT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   1     234     0%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. IBM takeover of Sun Micro just days away                 85  106187
   2. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Breaks the Law with Price       32   17828
   3. Pirated software                                         25   20139
      Cedega                                                   25   35708
   5. [News] Linux Mint 5 Works Perfectly                      17   18009
   6. Get the Facts... About NPD and Microsoft                 10   13718
      [News] Netbooks worm their way into businesses           10   17658
   8. [News] [Rival] People So Furious Over Vista That R        9    9301
   9. 22 of 42                                                  8    5264
      What are the penalties for astroturfing?                  8   11402
      Man gets granted patent on ... wait for it ...            8    3856
      [News] Overview of Audio Applications for GNU/Linu        8    8955
  13. Love them filters!                                        7    5877
      [News] What Microsoft's AstroTurfer James Plasmond        7    8761
      [News] Groklaw: Time to Get Mono and Moonlight Out        7    6415
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Dying in Debt... Shuts        7    5855
  17. Linux will be the main desktop OS very soon.              6    9239
      57 out of 67 posts killed                                 6    2922
  19. Microsoft's secret plan behind the TomTom suit?           5    3068
      [News] Mark Shuttleworth Excited About Vista7 Beca        5   12607
      [News] Laws of the Copyright Cartel Spread But Fac        5    4980
      [News] Oldfields desktops migrates to Linux and Ma        5    3698
      The Micoshaft James Plasmodin Marketing Greeting          5    6703
      If this is not a recognition of total and utter fa        5    5991
  25. Netbooks and Linux - A simple story where Linux wi        4    5474
      Are micoshaft unsellable xp preload netbooks pilin        4    2786
      [News] US Government Under Fire Over ACTA Fiasco          4   35085
      [News] Microsoft and Its Lackeys Spread Utter Lies        4    6780
      [News] Microsoft's Deliberate Lies Get Them Busted        4    5453
      News] Reasons and Ways to Move to GNU/Linux               4    6316
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       46
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     35
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        26
   4. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                     22
   5. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    10
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   10
   7. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            9
   8. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        7
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      7
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              7
  11. Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       6
  12. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           5
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           5
  14. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           4
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      4
  16. unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                                              3
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                         3
  18. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               2
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   2
      Philip <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                          2
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                   2
      peterdjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                        2
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       2
  25. Thufir Hawat <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                             1
      Bob Tennent <BobT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  1
      Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxx>                                       1
      none of your buisiness <none@xxxxxxxx>                            1
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          1
      wetpixel <wetpixel@xxxxxxxxx>                                     1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    116
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        78
   3. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       75
   4. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       72
   5. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          70
   6. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           66
   7. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          64
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   63
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                      63
  10. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                     58
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      58
  12. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          57
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     57
  14. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    55
  15. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     54
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           388
   2. slrn                                                            137
   3. Thunderbird                                                     103
   4. Forte Agent                                                      20
   5. Pan                                                              19
   6. G2/1.0                                                           11
   7. Gnus                                                              4
      tin                                                               4
   9. Mozilla                                                           2
  10. Thoth                                                             1
      MT-NewsWatcher                                                    1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln

 09:00:21 up 156 days, 15:43,  4 users,  load average: 0.80, 0.20, 0.06