[News] Stunning New Shots of KDE 4.3

KDE 4.3 - early preview

,----[ Quote ]
| Like it or not, KDE 4.3 will be a great leap forward in this environment’s
| development. I won’t hesitate to say, it will be a bigger one than KDE 4.1 to
| 4.2. Interestingly enough, my compilation of development snapshot worked
| stable and jerk-free - no major issues there.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-43-early-preview/

Nicer Direcory Thumbnails, and Thumbnail Sequences

,----[ Quote ]
| When I did my last blog post, there were some comments that said that the
| folder previews didn’t look as nice as they could. I agree, luckily, one day
| later Fredrik Höglund came up with a patch to do some more complex and nicer
| painting on the items. Now the previews are layed out like a bunch of
| physical photos, with some random rotations, a white border, and drop
| shadows...
`----

http://zwabel.wordpress.com/2009/04/09/kde-for-painters-version-20/

Dashboards, activities and desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| That's a tiny feature that apparently makes several people happy:
| Now the plasma dashboard is a way to quick access your desktop widgets whente
| desktop is covered by windows, and i really like this feature as it works.
`----

http://www.notmart.org/index.php/Software/Dashboards,_activities_and_deskt

Recent:

wallpapers and other bobbles for 4.3

,----[ Quote ]
| We have a number of new Plasma components lining up to make it into 4.3. Not
| least among them is a geolocation DataEngine, making it absolutely trivial
| for anything Plasma to get at the information either via a GPS device or by
| looking up the location of your network address if you are online. Along with
| a handful of new widgets, some I've already written about recently, we also
| have no less than six new wallpaper plugins that may make it into 4.3!
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/04/wallpapers-and-other-bobbles-for-43.html

Air and KDE 4.3.

,----[ Quote ]
| Air was the wallpaper we introduced in KDE 4.2, but that is just the
| beginning of something larger. Air is supposed to be different than what
| Oxygen is, something that tries to appeal to a user base looking for a
| more "sexy" experience than Oxygen (yeah I know you are out there :) ), but
| to still have the capability of merging nicely with what we have now.
`----

http://pinheiro-kde.blogspot.com/2009/02/air-and-kde-43.html

Five Improvements For KDE 4.3

,----[ Quote ]
| The new year has already brought us a nice treat in KDE 4.2. I found it to be
| a very solid desktop, yet with some issues that keep it from 100% perfection.
| I’m happy to say that 4.2 occupies all of the computers that I use, yet there
| are still some serious problems that remain. Last year I did an article
| similar to this one, detailing the things I feel would make the KDE desktop
| rise to a higher level of perfection, and now that KDE 4.2 is released, it’s
| time to do it again.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=180

Straight from KDE 4.2.60 (KDE 4.3 trunk)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://introducingkde4.blogspot.com/2009/01/kontact-kmail.html