Re: [News] Windows Coming Out Poorly Against Ubuntu GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> UBUNTU - THE SURPRISES JUST KEEP COMING

<snip roys link and replace with full details>

begin{quote}
UBUNTU - THE SURPRISES JUST KEEP COMING
Two more impressive features of ubuntu this week.

First, I plugged in the family printer to see if it would work. At this
point Windows would squeal that it needed new software, that the port was
wrong, that the printer was not compatible and all sorts of tosh. When I
previously tried to use the same printer with Windows Vista that was my
evening gone. Ubuntu recognised the printer immediately and started
printing within a minute without me needing to do anything daft or
laboured. I just pressed print.

Second, my laptop battery has for some time been almost completely useless,
giving only seconds of power before shutting down the computer. I always
thought this was a hardware issue but it seems not. Now I have ubuntu the
battery is working again. I do hope someone at Microsoft lands on this post
by accident and at least has a slightly red face.

I am quite astounded at how poorly Windows is coming out against ubuntu. I
am also amazed that Windows remains the world standard, a position it can't
keep for much longer as more people like me make the break.
end{quote}

http://frivolityrules.blogspot.com/2009/04/ubuntu-surprises-just-keep-coming.html

The same happened when I went to 'install' a printer in Ubuntu 9.04 Beta on
my EeePC900.

1) click 'add printer' .... ubuntu scans the network and finds my printer, a
networked HP LJ4100 and asks me if this is the one I want ?
2) I click yes, Ubuntu says "installing driver", the wifi network indicates
traffic. Ubuntu finishes and asks "want to print a test page"
3) I click 'yes" and a test page is printed, and it's perfect.

Honestly, it just cant be any easier .....

Is Windows this easy, the article above says NO ?

Laptop battery stuff : A beautiful color graph, logging charge, voltage and
events, absolutely superb.

Is Windows this good the article above says NO ?

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008