Re: Roy Schestowitz Lies Again

Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 12:16:05 +0200, Mart van de Wege wrote:
>
>> Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Except, of course, for the fact that Microsoft was not the agressor.
>>> TomTom threatened Microsoft more than a year ago with software patent
>>> infringement.  Microsoft was responding defensivly.
>>>
>>> So why falsely claim that Microsoft was the agressor, Roy?
>>
>> TomTom informs Microsoft that it may be infringing on TomTom
>> patents. According to Erik, that is a threat.
>
> It's a threat because TomTom had already sued other companies over those
> patents.  Why would they "notify" someone without threatening a lawsuit if
> they've already sued others over it?

Well, for one, BECAUSE TOMTOM DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY SUE MICROSOFT.

Sheesh. How dumb can you get? That difference is rather obvious,
wouldn't you say?

Idiot.

> It's interesting, however, that you say this.  When Microsoft "notified"
> the open source community that they were violating MS's patents,

Microsoft didn't name a single patent. Microsoft didn't inform a single
distributor that they were possibly infringing. Microsoft only made
vague noises in the press.

> Your logic is fascinating in it's complete lack of regard for history

Says the man who confuses infringement notification with a full-blown
lawsuit.

Your perception of reality is rather skewed.

> and
> your attitude that "Patants are good if they're used against MS, but bad if
> they're used by Microsoft".
>
>> Microsoft takes TomTom to court. According to Erik, that is not
>> aggression.
>
> It's defense.  TomTom threatened first.

Gosh. Microsoft holds patents that TomTom may infringe upon. Instead of
privately notifying TomTom, they immediately drag them into court.

And that's not aggression?

Here, let me punch you in the face. After all, that's only self-defense

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.