Re: [Rival] Microsoft is Dying in Debt... Shuts Down MSN Encarta

unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Mar 31, 10:01 am, "amicus_curious" <A...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Terry Porter" <linu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> > The windows trolls here on COLA can't believe MS could ever die.
>>
>> You seem to miss the point here.  This is only an EOL announcement for an
>> old product that is not selling very well anymore.  What do you use for
>> an encyclopedia?  That's a clue.
>
> You seem to miss a rather large point here yourself.  The highly paid
> professionals that worked on Encarta could not compete with a bunch of
> rag-tag amateurs at wikipedia.
>
>> You can't get Win98 or WinMe or Win2000 anymore either, but that isn't
>> any sign of MS dying.  Far from it.  They are just moving into larger and
>> more profitable areas.
>
> I see.  They are advancing to the rear.

Exactly!

MS Win98 was replaced by MS WinMe which was replaced by MS Win2000

MSN Encarta was replaced by .... NON MS Wikipedia, in the same way that
MS Windows Vista Veta 7, will be replaced by NON MS GNU/Linux.

SPLORF!

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008