[News] MAFIAA Becomes Dependent on Internet Sharing, Assassinates Competition

Record Labels In Germany Learning That YouTube Has The Leverage

,----[ Quote ]
| Just as in the UK, where Google decided to block all music videos from the
| major record labels, after those labels demanded payments that Google felt
| was way out of line with what could be made from advertising, it looks like
| Google has now pulled music videos in Germany as well. Once again, the record
| labels will likely complain and demand investigations -- even as other
| artists have learned that they don't need to profit directly from their
| videos on YouTube, but that they can profit indirectly and that pulling their
| videos down actually does a lot more harm than good.

Congrats, Recording Industry: You May Now Have Killed Seeqpod Too

,----[ Quote ]
| The record labels' animosity towards Seeqpod has never made much sense.
| Seeqpod is a basic search engine that seeks out music files online. Some of
| these files are, undoubtedly, unauthorized copies, but Seeqpod has always
| been focused on streaming the music rather than letting you download the
| tracks.

SXSW 2009 on BitTorrent: 6 GB of Free Music

,----[ Quote ]
| The South by Southwest (SXSW) music festival is one of the largest and most
| popular in the United States. For the fifth year in a row, SXSW has released
| a DRM-free, RIAA-safe collection of songs totaling 6 GB, which can all be
| downloaded for free, thanks to BitTorrent.

EU Invests $22 Million in Next-Generation BitTorrent Client

,----[ Quote ]