[News] Netbook sales soaring while notebooks stutter

  • Subject: [News] Netbook sales soaring while notebooks stutter
  • From: Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 08:27:58 +1100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin{quote}
Sales of low-cost netbooks are growing strongly, in contrast to the rest of
the market according to analysts.

A report by NPD analysts DisplaySearch predicts that in the coming year
netbook sales will grow by 65 per cent, compared to growth in notebook
sales of just three per cent.

The report finds that the worsening economic situation is providing the
biggest stimulus to netbook sales, with customers looking for low initial
purchase costs.
end{quote}
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/100159,netbook-sales-soaring-while-notebooks-stutter.aspx

Note how the analysts report finds that customers are looking for low
initial purchase costs.

It doesn't say anything about customers looking for Windows.

This is why Linux will win the netbook segment in the end. Microsoft powered
netbooks now cost more than Microsoft powered dual core laptop roasters
used to.

Low prices are unobtainable for any period with products including OSes made
by the MS monopoly.

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008