Re: [News] More ARM Sub-notebooks Refrences Designs (Linux Only)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Freescale Plans Reference Design for Linux ARM Netbooks
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>> When will power-saving and affordable ARM netbooks become
>> available? Freescale Semiconductor has ventured into an
>> advanced standard, albeit with their homegrown i.MX515 chip.
> `----
>
> http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/freescale_plans_reference_design_for_linux_arm_netbooks

Actually I consider this a wonderful development; use of cost
effective ARM processor for netbook applications, breaking the
Intel/Microsoft mould.

There needs to be more competition in the market place with other
processors and operating systems.  If they can drop the prices to
below $200 US (70 GBP), I believe they will have a winner.

People want value, stability, a useful appliance.  Linux coupled
with cost effective hardware can provide that.

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati