[News] 5 New GNU/Linux Releases: Parted Magic, Mint, Caos, Clonezilla, Plamo

Parted Magic 3.7 Is Here

,----[ Quote ]
| Just ten days after the Valentine's Day release, Patrick Verner announced
| today the immediate availability of his Parted Magic 3.7 Linux distribution.
| This new version fixes several bugs, adds some new features and updates a few
| software packages.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Parted-Magic-3-7-Is-Here-105351.shtml

Linux Mint 6 “Felicia” XFCE CE released!

,----[ Quote ]
| The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 6 XFCE Community
| Edition. Based on Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex, Linux 2.6.27, XFCE 4.4.2 and
| Xorg 7.4, Linux Mint 6 “Felicia” XFCE CE comes with a brand new “Software
| Manager”, FTP support in mintUpload, proxy support and history of updates in
| mintUpdate, mintDisk and a lot of other improvements. For a complete list of
| new features read: What’s new in Felicia XFCE CE?
`----

http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=637

Caos Linux NSA-1.0.8 release is now available!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Caos team of developers and contributors from Infiscale are proud to
| announce the public release of Caos Linux NSA-1.0.8, an updated release to
| the NSA-1.0 tree. Caos Linux is a community-managed and openly-maintained
| distribution of Linux focusing on areas where Linux naturally leads and
| excels: high performance computation (HPC), servers (especially LAMP and
| general Web), and custom appliances (such as file servers and firewalls).
|
| The NSA-1.0 release identifies the stabilization and validation of the core
| operating system, fully tested on some of the world's fastest public and
| private systems and architectures. And now with NSA 1.0.8 you get
| bleeding-edge security updates, the new 2.6.28 kernel, updated packages such
| as OFED 1.4 and gcc-4.3.3, a streamlined Sidekick system configuration
| toolkit (making the installation of Caos Linux and Perceus even faster and
| easier), the latest Perceus 1.5 cluster management software, and Abstractual,
| Infiscale's cloud virtualization solution. All of these updates are already
| integrated in the NSA-1.0.8 ISO release of Caos Linux, available now on our
| download mirrors.
`----

http://www.caoslinux.org/index.html

Clonezilla 1.2.1-41

http://www.clonezilla.org/

Plamo 4.6

http://www.linet.gr.jp/Plamo/

Recent:

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Linus Torvalds has rejected the argument that Linux developers should pool
| their resources behind a single distribution.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html

Microsoft CEO Scoffs at Mac Share Gains

,----[ Quote ]