Re: [News] Another Example of Ignorant Journalists Covering Linux

Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> DFS <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Very efficient and easy... but how did you know to type 'openoffice'?
>
> If you didn't know what it was called you would just use the GUI, but he
> only used the CLI variant because describing mouse clicks is too long
> winded.
>
> But ok, start up the package manager, click search, type in office and lo
> and behold, a plethora of office software appears. Scroll down, click on
> things that look interesting and ooo look, a nice little description,
> interested in trying it, click select.
>
> Simple, so simple even YOU could operate it.

Uhm no.

DooFuS has proven that he is too stupid to operate a graphical package
manager.

Remember his complaints that he couldn't find firefox after installing
it with synaptic? And posting a screenshot that plainly stated that
installing firefox would not install firefox, but iceweasel due to the
rename?

He slunk away very quietly from that thread. I wonder why...

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.