Re: [News] Ubuntu desktop apparently scares Microsoft

DFS wrote:

> Doctor Smith wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:13:59 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:
>>
>>> http://espn.com.com/8301-13505_3-10159100-16.html
>>>
>>> [quote]
>>> February 7, 2009 5:12 AM PST
>>> Ubuntu desktop apparently scares Microsoft
>>
>> Key word "apparently".
>>
>> Linux "apparently" sucks.
>> Why?
>> Because my blog says so.
>
> Solid!

There was more on the blog than somebody's opinion of M$.  It's a reference
to an M$ job ad:

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=652401&fromSearch=0&sik=1233902901473

"The Windows Competitive Strategy team is looking for a strong team member
to lead Microsoft?s global desktop competitive strategy as it relates to
open source competitors."

I guess M$ isn't as smart as you trolls who say Linux "sponsorship" is about
to "dry up," or that it's just "crapware" made by starving programmers who
can't feed their families.

Here's some more for you to chew on:

http://osnews.com/story/21035/Ballmer_Linux_Bigger_Competitor_than_Apple

"Much more interesting is Microsoft's idea of Linux and Apple, According to
Microsoft, Linux is a bigger threat to the company than Apple, placing
Linux above Apple in the marketshare figure pie chart thing. "Linux, you
could see on the slide, and Apple has certainly increased its share
somewhat," Ballmer said. He went on to explain how the company views
Apple: "

"I think depending on how you look at it, Apple has probably increased its
market share over the last year or so by a point or more. And a point of
market share on a number that's about 300 million is interesting. It's an
interesting amount of market share, while not necessarily being as dramatic
as people would think, but we're very focused in on both Apple as a
competitor, and Linux as a competitor."