Re: [News] X Server 1.6.0 Finally Released!

  this bit o' wisdom:

> X Server 1.6.0 Has Been Released
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Version 1.3 of the Resize and Rotate extension in X Server 1.6 supports
>| projective transformations, panning, and other new options. More details on
>| that can be found in our RandR 1.3 Explained, Demonstrated article along with
>| a video showing some of the RandR 1.3 features. DRI2, of course, allows a
>| number of new features such as the ability to enable direct rendering to
>| redirected windows.
> `----
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=xorg_server_16&num=1

More to come, though:

   What this release doesn't have, however, is X Input 2 or Multi-Pointer X
   even though MPX had entered the master X Server tree nearly a year ago. A
   draft of the X Input 2.0 protocol specification is available. These input
   features are being held off until X Server 1.7 with X.Org 7.5.

   While there are some EXA improvements within X Server 1.6, this release
   doesn't have support for the UXA acceleration architecture. This
   Intel-spawned 2D acceleration architecture based upon EXA is still living
   within the xf86-video-intel driver and hasn't worked its way into the X
   Server.

--
Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to
stick to one thing till it gets there.