[News] "Intellectual Property" a Huge Scam, Not Existent

Science Needs Permission?

,----[ Quote ]
| Because GM crops are considered "intellectual property" of the companies that
| sell them, reearchers need permission from the company to plant them, even
| for research purposes.
`----

http://www.prwatch.org/node/8232

There Are No Good Arguments for Intellectual Property (and "Interaction
Rights"!)

,----[ Quote ]
| There are some decent arguments out there that argue in favor of a state,
| welfare rights, war, democracy, drug laws, and so on. They are all flawed,
| since libertarianism is right, but there are coherent, honest arguments that
| we libertarians have to grapple with.
|
| But it is striking that there are no decent arguments for IP--as Manuel Lora
| remarked to me, "You know, I haven't seen a good pro IP article ever." This
| is true. One sees the same incoherent or insincere claims made over and over,
| such as:
|
|    1. It's in the constitution (argument from authority; legal positivism)
|    2. Intellectual property is called property! (argument by definition?)
`----

http://www.againstmonopoly.org/index.php?perm=593056000000000613

Patents, copyrights and trademarks exist. Not "Intellectual Property".

Recent:

The Chinese Overlords of Intellectual Monopolies

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/11/chinese-overlords-of-intellectual.html