Re: [News] Solution to Microsoft's Deliberate Sabotage of Linux Paritioning

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> | One of the more questionable tactics that Microsoft has implemented in
> | Vista is to automatically overwrite any existing MBR during the
> | installation process without asking if you mind or giving you an option
> | to back up.
> |
> | Microsoft says that the Windows installation system can't intelligently
> | interrogate an existing non-MS MBR, although such features are quite
> | common in the install routine for other OSes.
> |
> | It also argues that an "official" Vista MBR is required for security
> | features -- such as measured boot, which works with Trusted Platform
> | Module (TPM)-enabled chips to check that the OS hasn't been hacked or
> | altered each time it boots -- to work correctly.
> `----

Windows is such total rubbish!

GNU/Debian/Linux has found and respected other OS's on the same machine for
years, automatically giving the other OSes or Linux distros a GRUB or Lilo
entry so the user can select which they would like to boot.

Windows ... pay more ... for less.

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008