[News] New Ubuntu Release Comes with KDE 3.5, Long-term Support

Kubuntu 8.04.2 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Kubuntu team is proud to announce the release of Kubuntu 8.04.2, the
| second and final maintenance update to Kubuntu's 8.04 release. This release
| includes updated desktop, and alternate installation CDs for the i386 and
| amd64 architectures. This update is provided in recognition that the current
| Kubuntu release (8.10) with its cutting edge KDE 4 desktop is not yet
| appropriate for all users.
|
| In all, over 200 updates have been integrated, and updated installation media
| has been provided so that fewer updates will need to be downloaded after
| installation. These include security updates, and corrections for other
| high-impact bugs, with a focus on maintaining stability and compatibility
| with Kubuntu 8.04.
`----

http://www.kubuntu.org/node/69

Kubuntu 8.04.2 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Kubuntu team announced on Saturday (February 21) the second maintenance
| release of Kubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron), which is supported with security fixes
| and maintenance updates until October 2009. Kubuntu 8.04.2 brings to its
| dedicated users a lot of security updates and corrections (over 200), all
| with a single goal: to keep Kubuntu 8.04 a stable and reliable Linux
| distribution!
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Kubuntu-8-04-2-Released-105109.shtml

"There's a lot of Linux out there -- much more than Microsoft
generally signals publicly -- and their customers are using it..."

           --Paul DeGroot, a Directions On Microsoft analyst

Recent:

Kubuntu 8.10 vs Mepis 7.9.94 vs Puppy 4.1.2

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://desktoplinux.wordpress.com/2009/01/09/kubuntu-810-vs-mepis-7994-vs-puppy-412/