Re: [News] Vector Linux 6.0 Released

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 00:18:16 -0600, 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Snit wrote:

Roy Schestowitz stated in post 3103722.1tf1qiyMgy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on
2/22/09 7:16 PM:

VectorLinux Standard Edition 6.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The final release of VectorLinux 6.0 (code name 'Voyager') is now
| available. This release is a major milestone in the ten year history of | Vectorlinux. With the unbridled enthusiasm of a community gone wild, we
| have forged our very own stable GUI installer and our repository now
| hosts over a thousand packages. VectorLinux is the fastest Linux
| desktop in it's class. We have exceeded our original goals of
| VectorLinux 6.0 and produced a beautiful,full
| featured stable desktop for a rocket fueled experience.
`----

http://vectorlinux.com/news/VectorLinux-Standard-Edition-6.0

From their site:
    -----
    Speed, performance, stability -- these are attributes that set
    VectorLinux apart in the crowded field of Linux distributions.
    -----

Are other distros slow and unstable?

WINDUMMY OSen called PISTA.

Just Snit twisting words again and purposely missing the point again. His thing. The reason VectorLinux is faster, Snit, is because it is based on the lightweight Desktop, Xfce. Another example of choice in Linux. Want a distribution that's prettier and more "filled out" -- or one that is slimmer and faster? It's your choice -- Linux doesn't come in "one size fits all." VectorLinux is on the slimmer and faster side, and they've done a great job of implementing Xfce.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"