[News] KDE 4.2 Finds New Lovers, Tips

I Switched to KDE 4

,----[ Quote ]
| After KDE 4.2 was released, I have to say, I was hooked. The interface got
| cleaned up, everything is more elegant, practically bug-free, and not as
| sluggish as the original release (it's not as fast as GNOME yet, but it's
| been alright).
`----

http://theunixgeek.blogspot.com/2009/02/i-switched-to-kde-4.html

Smart tips and tricks to get the best from KDE 4

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.1, launched at the end of July 2008, became the first release we could
| heartily recommend as a replacement for the ageing 3.5, and a solid nine
| months of updates to 4.1 has created a stable and innovative environment that
| can only get stronger as 4.2 beds itself into 2009.
|
| [...]
|
| Our top three new plasmoids
|
| 1. Web Browser
| As you might well have guessed from the name, this Plasmoid places a tiny web
| browser on to your desktop, complete with auto-update. Ideal for quick
| searches, getting the sports results and Twitter sites.
|
| 2. Paste Bin
| This seemingly unimportant new Plasmoid is quite the opposite. Drag and drop
| images and text from your destop, and they're automatically uploaded to a
| remote server. Perfect for collaboration
|
| 3. Google Widgets
| You can now add Google's own desktop Widgets to your KDE desktop, and you can
| even do this from within Plasma by selecting 'Google Gadgets' from
| the 'Install New Widgets' menu.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/smart-tips-and-tricks-to-get-the-best-from-kde-4-527497

Recent:

KDE 4.2 on it’s way to sidux

,----[ Quote ]
| My brother installed KDE 4.2 on his sidux system over the weekend, using an
| experimental repo, and the reports he has given me make me very excited to
| try it on my own computer. It has a lot of eyecandy, such as some of the
| features from Compiz, but he says it is very customizable and no problem at
| all to use. KDE 4.2 definitely sounds different and the screenshots he has
| sent me show it to be so. It handles multiple desktops differently than did
| KDE 3.5 and it includes several desktop widgets or gadgets that will
| certainly come in handy in my computer work. As with KDE 3.5, it also appears
| that it will be easy to set up for my wife, which is a major plus.
`----

http://www.ldjackson.net/2009/02/17/kde-42-on-its-way-to-sidux/

KDE 4.2 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently did a bunch of package unmasking in my desktop Gentoo installation
| and did an emerge of KDE 4 .2 and I thought I would share my experiences in
| my shiny new desktop environment (unfortunately I was unable to see how
| Amarok2 integrated with KDE 4.2 due to some MySQL embedded compilation issues
| for 64-bit Linux).
|
| [...]
|
| Overall, KDE 4.2 feels like a HUGE step forward for the KDE 4.X releases and
| is more what I would have expected the initial KDE 4.0 release to have been.
| This release feels like a usable desktop and has definitely made me 180 on my
| post KDE 4.0 release switch to GNOME. The KDE developers have made a strong
| case on why those users who switched away from KDE because of any
| disappointment in the 4.0 release should come running back.
`----

http://www.linux-ninja.com/2009/02/07/kde-42-review/

KDE 4.2.0 on my netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s just great! Update from 4.1.4 went smoothly, thanks to Gentoo’s KDE
| maintainers, great work!
`----

http://patrick-nagel.net/blog/archives/105

KDE 4.2 Screen Shots

http://www.lampwebsitedesign.com/index.php?linux&release=KDE%204.2

KDE 4.2: I'm tired of Pundits, Here's MY Take

,----[ Quote ]
| For those who say that they cannot deal with a new desktop, get over
| yourselves. KDE 4 is not really that radically different in the big picture.
| I mean, you run programs on a desktop! Sure things are being done a little
| differently than KDE 3.5, but get a grip for a second, the KDE 4 series is
| definitely still KDE at its core. It is not rocket science to learn KDE 4.2
| if you really knew what you were doing in 3.5, and the payoff will be a very
| refined desktop that is both visually pleasing as well as very functional.
`----

http://randomtechoutburst.blogspot.com/2009/01/kde-42-im-tired-of-pundits-heres-my.html

KDE 4.2 Is The Answer

,----[ Quote ]
| For the first time, the KDE 4 series achieves feature completion to make it a
| great rival to KDE 3 and a perfect choice for future KDE distributions. Sure,
| I found some issues with this release, but all the great features and
| improvements more than make up for it, and not everyone is as picky as I am.
| Overall, KDE 4.2 is used happily on all of my comptuers and I look forward to
| further developments from the KDE team.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=167

a big day

,----[ Quote ]
| Lots of dancing and drinking afterwards at the after parties (plural :) and
| when I eventually got up mid-morning I had a couple hundred emails waiting
| for me, way too many of which required my attention. I ended up unexpectedly
| in a few online meetings which altered my expected schedule significantly. Oh
| well, tomorrow's another day ... on which I have two more presentations to
| give.
|
| In that same time, The Dot got a great new look and KDE 4.2 was released.
|
| Exciting times indeed!
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/01/big-day.html

New features in KDE 4.2