[News] How Free (Libre) GNU/Linux Can Bring Revenue

How to make your first billion--with free software

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat is not an exception to this rule, much as I'm a fan of Red Hat's
| model. If anything, Red Hat is an example of the rule and, I believe, the
| farther it gets from the complexity of the operating system, the more it will
| have to alter its model to make the proprietary components more obvious.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10168267-16.html

Elive Gem (1.0) Distribution Review

,----[ Quote ]
| When I first wanted to try ELIVE 1.0 I had to go jump through hoops to get
| it. It was either use an unstable or donate. I finally decided to buy a CD
| from a vendor in France.  I got it about a month later. Two days after I had
| probably put it down or given it to my friend Tom Dryer. So I decided that I
| was going to download it again… I finally gave up with looking for the
| unstable versions download as I find the site confusing. I finally “donated”
| $5 CAD so that I could use this software. It was either that or 5 USD, 5
| EUROs or something like that. I really do not have that much money so I
| decided to go with the $5 CAD plus hey I live in Canada.
|
| So I downloaded the ISO image a couple of days later when the payment went
| through and I just decided I wanted to test it out rather then install it.
`----

http://ryanorser.com/?p=770

Recent:

Elive 1.9.10 ScreenShots

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxdynasty.org/elive-1910-screenshots.html

Elive 1.9.10 ScreenShots

,----[ Quote ]
| This is our first ScreenShot review of Elive Linux! I just want to say
| congratulation to the Elive Linux team for making such a sweet desktop OS. I
| have used Enlightenment in the past but not as much as I have used Gnome.
| From trying out Enlightenment just a few seconds ago it was amazingly fast
| and quite east to navigate, with just clicking once on the desktop the
| Enlightenment menu appears.
`----

http://www.linuxdynasty.org/elive-1910-screenshots.html

Elive The Age Of Enlightenment

,----[ Quote ]
| It is a solid, full-featured OS in its own right, thanks to its Debian
| heritage, with Enlightenment making for a particularly tasty, if somewhat
| exotic icing on the cake.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=470

ELive

,----[ Quote ]
| I saw the distrowatch announcement on the ELive beta, so I figured I would
| give it a try. On a very low end system with an old intel card, this thing is
| fast and definitely has a wow factor. I recommend anyone with a spare blank
| cd check it out. Enlightenment used to be the king of window managers, it
| could be again if they keep this up.
`----

http://www.sharms.org/blog/?p=169

Related:

First look at Elive 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| I love Elive and version 1.0 is a wonderful first full release. Just about
| everything works and works well. The system and applications are stable and
| fast performing and Elive looks exceptionally beautiful doing it.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070709#feature

ELIVE 1.0 - ELIVE GEM

,----[ Quote ]
| Summarizing, Elive 1.0 Gem's strenght  is actually it's graphical/animative
| prowess. Since  Elive 1.0 aka Elive Gem is based on Debian Etch,  I am not
| surprised at all that it is a very stable Linux distro.
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/148/1/

Enlighten your desktop with Elive

,----[ Quote ]
| Elive's been in development for several years now and in fact is so
| popular that its developer, Samuel "Thanatermesis" F. Baggen, works on
| it full time. In this month's article, Samuel explains his reasons for
| spinning Elive and how the distro has evolved over the years.
`----

http://www.packtpub.com/article/enlighten-your-desktop-with-elive

Elive - Are You Ready for a New Linux Experience?

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, even if the E 17 window manager is still in heavy development,
| it still looks and acts very well on this stable version of Elive. The
| development team exceeded all my expectations, because of the work they did
| on the E 17 customization and all the other improvements and innovation to
| ease our lives. Try Elive right now, because you will love it, you will adore
| it and most of all, I'll promise you will be addicted to it a long time from
| now on.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elive-Are-You-Ready-For-a-New-Linux-Experience-58810.shtml

Elive Revolution Released