Re: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux on Sub-notebooks a headache to naive consumers.

Doctor Smith (Flatfish) wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Why the gOS Could Now Hurt Microsoft
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> Good OS, the Taipei, Taiwan-based company that launched in
>>> 2007, could turn out to be bad news for Microsoft.
>>>
>>> The makers of the gOS, Linux-based desktop operating
>>> system may now find themselves at the right place at the
>>> right time. With a market that is anxiously sizing up the
>>> netbook platform - - driven in large part by Intel's
>>> low-cost Atom processors - - the gOS offers a simple
>>> proposition: A simple-to-install, free operating system
>>> integrated with Mozilla and Google technology for fun and
>>> productivity.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.crn.com/software/214501600;jsessionid=UN3UM1EVJS1AGQSNDLPSKHSCJUNN2JVN
>>
>> Dell Launches Inspiron Mini 10
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> Other expected options are Ubuntu Linux and Windows Vista
>>> operating systems, 120GB and 250GB hard-disk drives,
>>> solid-state drives, Bluetooth, wireless WAN, and an
>>> internal GPS.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/159784/dell_launches_inspiron_mini_10.html
>>
>> Recent:
>>
>> Netbooks Open Linux Window at BETT
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> On the same stand a large screen showed off the design
>>> appeal of the latest Ubuntu. This includes multiple
>>> windows rotating or rescaling. As this is better
>>> understood some Netbook users may return to Linux. Asustek
>>> Chairman Jonney Shih has predicted that about 60 percent
>>> of Eee PCs to be shipped in 2009 will have Windows XP.
>> `----
>>
>> http://english.ohmynews.com/ArticleView/article_view.asp?menu=A11100&no=384681&rel_no=1&back_url=
>
> ...who unwittingly purchase the Linux and then discover when
> they get home that they might as well have purchased a brick.
> So back to the store it goes to get exchanged for a Windows
> model.

LOLROTF!  So desperate, Flatfish is running out of things to say.

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/01/moshe-goldfarb-troll.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/11/sandeep-kumar.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/12/gary-m-stewart.html

Gary M. Stewart admission that it is flatfish: