[News] New Fedora DVDs Arrive

New installation DVDs for Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Unity project, an independent project with strong links to Fedora,
| has made new ISO images for the updated Fedora 10 available to download via
| Jigdo. The 're-spins' contain all updates released for Fedora up to the 10th
| of February.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/New-installation-DVDs-for-Fedora--/news/112672

Recent:

Video: FUDCon F11

,----[ Quote ]
| In January, a whole slew of Red Hat engineers and Fedora Project volunteers
| got together at the Fedora Users and Developers Conference (FUDCon) to
| collaborate on features for Fedora 11, setting team objectives, and other
| initiatives. Contributors including QA experts, marketing gurus, community
| managers, and our friends from the One Laptop Per Child project all came
| together. They presented new ideas at technical talks, worked on tasks, and
| most of all had fun in the brilliant, vibrant atmosphere that defines Fedora.
| If you weren’t able to make it, here’s a chance for you to see what you
| missed. Get a taste for how FUDCon works and the excitement it generates for
| everyone in the community.
`----

http://magazine.redhat.com/2009/02/13/video-fudcon-11/

Fedora 11 Alpha Screen Shots

http://www.lampwebsitedesign.com/index.php?linux&release=Fedora%2011%20Alpha

Fedora 11 Alpha now ships with Windows cross compiler

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Red Hat's Fedora Project division announces that it has released its
| new Fedora 11 Alpha version, and has provided OS Today with some of its main
| features.
|
| Fedora's newest release includes a number of new features including the new
| Windows Cross Compiler and a development release of Gnome 2.26 as the default
| desktop.
|
| “The new Fedora ver. 11 Alpha should boot on the majority of systems, and
| provides a look at what new features are to be included in the next release,”
| Fedora’s Jesse Keating said today in an emailed announcement.
`----

http://www.ostoday.org/os-news-1/00016-020609.shtml

Fedora 11 alpha - and a new community liaison

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora has also brought in Adam Williamson as a community liaison. "I am
| working for Red Hat as of this Monday. I have been hired into the Fedora QA
| team essentially to drive community involvement in the Fedora QA process.
| RH - and, to put a more personal touch on it, Jay Turner, who's responsible
| for Fedora QA - felt that Fedora could really benefit from more community
| involvement in the QA process, so my role is to try and help develop that."
| Adam previously did community work for Mandriva.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/318170/

Fedora 11 Alpha Comes With Huge Feature Set

,----[ Quote ]
| Starting with the installation, Fedora 11 is now using the EXT4 file-system
| by default but there is support built into the Anaconda installer for Btrfs,
| which recently entered the mainline Linux kernel.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzA0Mg

Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

http://osdir.com/ml/fedora-announce/2009-02/msg00005.html

Fedora 11 release name

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora 11 release name is:
|
|   Leonidas
|
| The full GPG-signed message from our election coordinator, Nigel
| Jones, is attached.  Thank you to the community for their suggestions,
| Josh Boyer and the Board for their work on additional diligence
| searches, and Nigel Jones for setting up the voting.
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-January/msg00010.html

Fedora 11: Blarney? Duchess? Zampone?

,----[ Quote ]
| In early December we shared that it was time for the Fedora community to come
| up with the Fedora 11 codename. Following that many different names were
| proposed for Fedora 11, but then after each name was evaluated and went
| through Red Hat's legal department, the list became much shorter. Now though
| it's time for the Fedora community to vote for the official codename.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njk2OQ

What will Fedora 11 be called?

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/01/what-will-fedora-11-be-called.html

Red Hat Fedora Claims It's the Leader in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Fedora community Linux distribution has now tallied its user base,
| and it's a number that on the surface would make it the largest installed
| base of any Linux distribution, with at least 9.5 million users and possibly
| as many as 10.5 million.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3786726/Red+Hat+Fedora+Claims+Its+the+Leader+in+Linux.htm

Fedora 11 release schedule set

,----[ Quote ]
| At today's FESCo meeting, the final schedule for Fedora 11 was
| approved.  Now  it's time for some reminders about the feature process
| for Fedora 11.  We're changing a few things this time around to
| hopefully make the whole process run smoother than ever!
|
| First., FESCo will be making decisions regarding dropping incomplete
| features at the meeting *2 weeks before* the freeze date, in order to
| give rel-eng and QA time to implement whatever contingency plans might
| be required prior to the freeze.  For Fedora 11, these dates are:
|
| Alpha freeze: 1/20 - FESCo meeting - 1/8
| Beta Freeze:  3/10 - FESCo meeting - 2/25
| Final Freeze: 4/14 - FESCo meeting - 4/1
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/309678/

Naming Fedora 11... Claddagh? Catania? Oxford?

,----[ Quote ]
| Among the names proposed thus far are Claddagh, Catania, Windsor, Oxford,
| Nebula, Claypool, Gokyo, and Zampone. The list of proposed names can be found
| on the Fedora Wiki. From that Wiki page you can also add your own submission.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg5Mg

Fedora 11 Release Schedule, Along With Five Features

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg2OQ