[News] South African Press About Ubuntu Migrations, Local Hero

HOW TO: Introduce Ubuntu into your workplace

,----[ Quote ]
| Congratulations! You now have Ubuntu up and running in your workplace. From
| here, you can tailor the system to your needs (I installed a few design and
| web development applications and Firefox extensions, for example).
`----

http://refresh.co.za/blog/?p=277

Ubuntu's Shuttleworth Opens Up

,----[ Quote ]
| I received a link to this online PDF from Intel earlier today. It is an
| interesting read from one of the bigger players in the Linux world, Mark
| Shuttleworth, the founder of Canonical Ltd and a general Open Source
| enthusiast, Entrepreneur and socially and ethically responsible "nice guy".
| He's also spent a shade under 10 days in space aboard Soyuz TM-34 and the
| ISS. OK, *now* I'm jealous!!!
`----

http://hiltont.blogspot.com/2009/02/ubuntus-shuttleworth-opens-up.html

Recent:

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 129

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #129 for the week February
| 8th - February 14th, 2009. In this issue we cover: Ubuntu LoCo Teams Meeting,
| New MOTU's, Rockin' LoCo Docs Day, Ubuntu Hug Day, Improved mail server
| stack: Testing needed, Drupal 5.x and 6.x LoCo Suite Released, Ubuntu
| Honduras being organized, Launchpod #17, Triage in Launchpad suite, PPA page
| perfomance improvements, Ubuntu Training for USA, HP Mini Mi Screenshots,
| Server Team Meeting Feb. 10th, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue129

Gameloft Moves 1,000 Desktops to Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| “It’s been a pretty big deployment, well over 1000 desktops and it’s been a
| huge success,” crows the source. “Ubuntu does the same job [as Windows] for
| zero cash. The most painful thing about the change over was moving to
| Thunderbird from Outlook. No one has batted an eyelid about moving to Gnome.”
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/10/03/gameloft-moves-1000-desktops-to-ubuntu-linux/

Related:

French police deal blow to Microsoft