[News] Big Blue and Big Red GNU/Linux Celebrate a Decade of Success

Red Hat and IBM Celebrate 10 Years of Global Partnership

,----[ Quote ]
| Today we are celebrating a momentous occasion. Ten years ago today, Red Hat
| and IBM began our global collaborative partnership to expand the use of
| enterprise solutions on Linux. It was a small but important start to announce
| that IBM would run Red Hat Linux on its industry-standard systems. Back in
| 1999, Red Hat was on the eve of its IPO, and IBM was testing the waters of
| Linux. Only 10 million users ran the Linux operating system at the time,
| according to IDC Research quoted in our original partnership announcement.
`----

http://www.press.redhat.com/2009/02/18/red-hat-and-ibm-celebrate-10-years-of-global-partnership/

Congratulations to IBM and Red Hat on their 10th Anniversary

http://www.linux-foundation.org/weblogs/jzemlin/2009/02/18/congratulations-to-ibm-and-red-hat-on-their-10th-anniversary/

Recent:

Red Hat: Crisis to boost open source

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62047208,00.htm

Red Hat: Crisis to boost open source

,----[ Quote ]
| The global economic crisis would provide a boost for open source software,
| Red Hat chief executive Jim Whitehurst claimed during a visit to Sydney this
| week.
|
| Whitehurst, who stopped over down under as part of a tour of the Asia-Pacific
| region, said in an interview with ZDNet Asia's sister site ZDNet Australia
| that the crisis would cause companies to consolidate their technology
| infrastructure and reduce spending.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62047208,00.htm

No Recession at Red Hat